24 August 2008
There seem to be a few bugs still in the PHPBB3 forum bridge that are causing some nasty errors for a few users when logging in on the frontend or the forum. I hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.
UPDATE: Is this issue resolved? I made some code changes to some of the bridge files and I haven't had any complaints for a couple of days now...
18 August 2008
This site is in the process of a slow and painful
process of a migration to Joomla! 1.5. Things will look messy, dissapear, reappear and then dissapear again, break, stop working, work again, change color and probably $$#??0&õ
Please bear with me. I'll try an keep the disturbance to a minimum.
15 August 2008
JCE Utilities 2.1.0 has been released for Joomla! 1.0.x and Joomla! 1.5.x
UPDATE: 2.1.2 has been released for Joomla! 1.5.x and 1.0.x with minor fixes.
This release fixes some bugs and adds support for Image Maps.
A set of tutorials for creating popups is available here
Changelog (from 2.1.1)
- Fixed: Popup image url after legacy conversion
- Fixed: Image/Theme/Script/CSS loading issue if no www! (Joomla! 1.0.x)
Changelog (from 2.1.0)
- Fixed: More Accurate legacy conversion selector
Changelog (from 2.0.0)
- Added: AREA element as popup source
- Added: noicon class filter prevents a popup from having a zoom icon
- Added: nogroup class filter prevents a popup from being assigned to a group
- Added: Legacy option converts JCE window popups into inline popups.
- Added: All object/embed elements hidden while popup is open.
- Added: Local link popups require a type to be set of 'ajax' or 'text/html' or 'text/xml'
- Added: Default popup width/height options
- Fixed: Youtube/Google Video/MetaCafe link detection extended to includ embed links
- Fixed: Small IE bug in icon creation
- Fixed: Next button shown on last group item
- Fixed: Zoom icon positioning fixed. Forever. I mean it this time!
- Fixed: Oversized popup window if caption longer than 1 line.
- Changed: Templates are now called themes to avoid confusion with Joomla! and JCE templates
- Removed: Conversion options for other popup scripts.
Download JCE Utiltiies 2.1.2
12 August 2008
This website will be unavailable over most of the coming weekend - 16th & 17th August - while I attempt to migrate to Joomla! 1.5
If all goes well we'll be back with a new forum, PHPBB3, and a new subscription component. Hopefully I can minimize data loss, but do to the forum migration I do expect some problems. As no Fireboard to PHPBB3 converter exists, the process becomes a bit of a hack job, but the result, an excellent forum (as used at joomla.org) will be well worth it.
02 August 2008
The 1.5.0 'Stable' versions of the JCE Admin Component, 1.5.1 of the Editor Plugin and 1.5.0 'Stable' versions of the Image Manager Extended, Media Manager, File Manager and Template Manager have been released.
This release attempts to fix a number of important bugs, and generally bring some stability and 'production readiness' to the code. On top of the numerous bug fixes, there are a number of important and cool new features:
- Groups can now be copied
- The plugin parameters and editor configuration provide a default set of parameters for each new group.
- The editor's position can now be set (left, right, center), and can also be placed 'outside' the content area.
- Uninstalling the Admin Component attempts to uninstall the editor and all plugins.
- Plugin extension parameters are listed within the Group
- New plugins are automatically added to the 'Default' group.
- File types are now grouped by type, eg images=jpg,gif,png which is used in the Flash Uploader to filter the file type when selecting a file to upload. See this blog article
- Various additions to the plugin extension system
- Some major plugins now have tooltip help for most fields.
- The browser layout has been re-coded. Looks and works better.
- New Link Brower replaces previous 'link selection system'. Uses a dynamic tree to locate and display links, Click for an example
- Events tab has been removed to simplify dialog.
- Dialog has been redesigned for user friendliness.
- New E-mail icon launches prompt dialog for entering address details.
- New FLV player includes fullscreen option and new time display.
- Popup option for creating poup links for JCE Utilities 2.x (requires content selection - text, image etc.)
- Better support for replacement FLV player, eg: JW Media Player
The Template Manager
has also finally been release and is available in the subscriber downloads section.
A new AdvLink extension
, provides Docman category and document links for the AdvLink link browser (Docman required, obviously)
IMPORTANT! Clear your brower cache after installing and before use!
16 July 2008
The next generation of the JCE Utilities mambot/plugin has been released for Joomla! 1.0.15 and Joomla! 1.5.4.
Changes and additions include:
- Create a popup of any media type, from images to flash files, quictime movies and Youtube movies.
- Content loading now also uses ajax to load local files.
- Optional PNGFix now works on background image styles too.
- Optional WMode fix fixes layering issues with flash files by setting a 'wmode' parameter of 'opaque' where necessary.
- Popups are customizable using 'templates'. Three different types have been included with this release, Standard, Standard-Top (same as standard but with captions and navigation on top) and Squeezebox, which pays homage to the original Squeezbox, which is used in Joomla! 1.5.. More details on creating a template will be available soon.
New tutorials are available here
with additional movie tutorials to follow.
04 June 2008
The first, and hopefully only, release candidate of the JCE Editor Plugin has been released, as well as an update to the Admin Component, updates to the Image Manager Extended, now also at RC1, and the File Manager and Media Manager plugins.
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and made suggestions. I would hope that the Release Candidate status is short lived.
31 May 2008
JCE Editor 1.5.0 beta 4 has been released along with an update to the Admin Component, File Manager and Media Manager plugins. The Image Manager Extended also joins the bunch with its first beta in 1.5.0!
This is sort of a milestone release as it includes the new JCE Groups Permissions System, which adds a powerful and versatile method to control acces to the JCE Editor's features. There is a full tutorial on JCE Groups , I suggest you go through it after installing the new versions. Like sharks with lasers, the new JCE Groups system is awesome, but the concept can be a little confusing at first, especially to users used to the old system.
Another new and exciting feature is the Advanced Code Editor plugin, included in the core, which adds syntax highlighted code editing to the HTML view (the popup, not the toggle view). Its got a similar icon to the HTML view, but is red instead
One other change to take note of is that the AdvLink icon has changed. This is to differentiate it from the Link icon. The new icon is
None of the versions released to day are compatible with anything released before. The required versions are:
- JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 RC3
- JCE Editor Plugin 1.5.0 beta 4
- JCE Media Manager 1.5.0 beta 3
- JCE File Manager 1.50 beta 3
- JCE Image Manager Ext 1.5.0 beta 1
Please report bugs where you find them and post suggestions etc in the forum. Please remeber that this is still beta code, so use with caution (ie: test it before using it live!)
25 May 2008
There has been a lot of interest, requests and concern regarding the current status of JCE 1.5, and in particluar the Image Manager Extended plugin. I haven't been too good about communicating the status and progress of the project recently, and for this I apologise. Rest assured, JCE 1.5.0 is alive and very well, and a release is imminent. It will also feature one of the most important feature updates to JCE yet, (inspired by conversations at the Dutch Joomla!day) JCE Groups!
Image Manager Extended
Creating this plugin for JCE 1.5.0 has been quite a lot more work than anticipated, and has required some extensive modifications to the JCE 'API', mainly the inclusion of an event systems to trigger actions after events, eg: onUpload, onFileDelete etc. to handle Image Manager Ext thumbnail and resize operations without having to duplicate existing functions used by all the Manager plugins. For example, after a successful file upload, the onUpload event is triggered which in the Image Manager Ext's case calling an onUpload function to do the resizing, rotating (yes, rotating of images has been added!) and thumbnailing to the uploaded file. A similar thing happens onFileDelete to delete the associated thumbnail and possibly thumbnail folder.
Image rotating has also been added, and is available in the Upload dialog, (see screenshot popup) as well as in the Transform dialog (which includes resizing).
There have been one or two minor improvements too, such as the ability to have rollover images and tooltips at the same time, as well as some general fixes and improvements to the Manager plugins code in general.
The Image Manager Extended will be released as beta 1
JCE 1.5.0 beta 4 and JCE Groups
Included in the next JCE 1.5.0 beta 4 and JCE Admin Component RC 3 will be the new Groups system. This is a major change to the way permissions are handled in JCE and presents what is essentially the ability to create individual user and/or user type profiles, each have a unique layout and button configuration, as well as specific editor and plugin parameters. Groups can contain a mix of user types and individual users.
A default group exists for all default editing user types (which can be edited). Super Administrators have access to everything (always, regardless of what group they are assigned to), and Guests and Registered users are not in any group by default and are therefore presented with a blank editor (you can change this by assigning them to a group or creating a new one).
Here are a couple of screenshots of the JCE Groups Admin.
Expect a release this coming week. Guaranteed.
21 April 2008
Unfortunately the move to the new domain has not been without its troubles, and with me in various cities of 2 different countries over the last 2 weeks (still on holiday!) hasn't made the move and subsequant problems any easier to overcome. Nevertheless, I think everything should be working as expected now, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you are still experiencing any problems, please contact me.
On another note, I have released JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 RC2, which moves the Control Panel buttons and News Feed section to a set of modules. Further modules will also be developed. This should fix the 'fatal error' issues experienced in RC1.
03 April 2008
I have just managed to squeeze out a few updates for JCE 1.5.0 before leaving on a bit of a holiday (including the Dutch Joomla!day on Saturday). I will still provide support via the forums during this period.
These updates should fix the Admin Component install issues (in the JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 RC1 release) and a number of important issues in the Editor Plugin and Media/File Manager plugins.
I hope these releases can bring us closer to a Release Candidate for the Editor Plugin and stability for the 1.5.0 project.
I know I promised the Image Manager Extended and Template Manager plugins too, but these aren't quite ready. I hope to have them out very soon.
There is also a little secret project in the works involving JCE Utilities and the Media Manager....
Thank you for your support, encouragement and help finding and squashing bugs!
Please use only the latest releases of each plugin/component together. Do not mix and match versions. The new Media and File Manager plugin versions are only compatible with beta3 of the Editor Plugin
16 March 2008
Well, not in an official capacity, but I wil be there on Saturday 5th April for the Community Day
(provided I can get my visa in time!)
For those who don't know what I'm talking about - http://www.joomladag.nl
Hope to see some of you there!
12 March 2008
A rush release of the JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 beta 3 to include an option to perform an Installation Fix - manually create the necessary database tables not created by the Admin Component installation. I'm not quite sure why the problem is occuring in the first place, if anyone can she some light on this, the first rounds on me!
I also added a Control Panel admin menu link.
After installing the Component using the Joomla! Installer, got to Components->JCE Administration->Control Panel. If the dtabase tables were not created during the initial install, you should see the image below:
Click the 'Fix Installation' button to attempt a reinstallation of the database tables. Result messages will be displayed on success and failure.
11 March 2008
The priority for this release was made clear when a number of users had difficulty installing and using beta1, either because of timeouts when attempting to install the editor, or because of tables not being created during the Admin Component install. The latter was caused it would seem, by a bad sql files, which contained data that may have been incompatible with many databases. My apologies for this.