Installing JCE 2.0 for Joomla! 1.5
JCE 1.5 and all JCE 1.5 language packs must be uninstalled before installing JCE 2.0
- Download the JCE Editor extension
- In the Joomla! Administration, go to Extensions -> Install / Uninstall
- Click the Browse button in the Upload Package File section and locate the downloaded zip package. Click Upload & Install.
If you receive a message to the effect of JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file try installing again using the tar package
- Set JCE as the default Joomla! WYSIWYG Editor
- Go to Site -> Global Configuration.
- Select 'Editor - JCE' from the 'Default WYSIWYG Editor' select list.
- Click Save
Installation may fail on some servers due to technical limitations and a manual installation may be necessary.
- Extract the downloaded JCE Editor package to a folder on your hard drive, eg: jce
- Upload this folder to the Joomla! tmp folder using an FTP client.
- Open the Joomla! Extension Manager and add the name of the folder you uploaded to the end of the Install Directory path
- Click the Install button
For help installing Joomla! components, read the Joomla! Component Installation article