I have just managed to squeeze out a few updates for JCE 1.5.0 before leaving on a bit of a holiday (including the Dutch Joomla!day on Saturday). I will still provide support via the forums during this period.
These updates should fix the Admin Component install issues (in the JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 RC1 release) and a number of important issues in the Editor Plugin and Media/File Manager plugins.
I hope these releases can bring us closer to a Release Candidate for the Editor Plugin and stability for the 1.5.0 project.
I know I promised the Image Manager Extended and Template Manager plugins too, but these aren't quite ready. I hope to have them out very soon.
There is also a little secret project in the works involving JCE Utilities and the Media Manager....
Thank you for your support, encouragement and help finding and squashing bugs!
Please use only the latest releases of each plugin/component together. Do not mix and match versions. The new Media and File Manager plugin versions are only compatible with beta3 of the Editor Plugin
A rush release of the JCE Admin Component 1.5.0 beta 3 to include an option to perform an Installation Fix - manually create the necessary database tables not created by the Admin Component installation. I'm not quite sure why the problem is occuring in the first place, if anyone can she some light on this, the first rounds on me!
I also added a Control Panel admin menu link.
After installing the Component using the Joomla! Installer, got to Components->JCE Administration->Control Panel. If the dtabase tables were not created during the initial install, you should see the image below:
Click the 'Fix Installation' button to attempt a reinstallation of the database tables. Result messages will be displayed on success and failure.
The priority for this release was made clear when a number of users had difficulty installing and using beta1, either because of timeouts when attempting to install the editor, or because of tables not being created during the Admin Component install. The latter was caused it would seem, by a bad sql files, which contained data that may have been incompatible with many databases. My apologies for this.