You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100306 File Browser custom field stand alone installation package

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pjdevries on Friday, 21 June 2019 07:38 BST

pjdevries
Hi,

JCE is getting better and better. Thanks for that.

I very much appreciate the File Browser custom field. However, sometimes I only need the functionality of that field and not the rest of JCE. And because I try to keep my sites as clean as possible, I try not to install anything I don't need. So my question is: is there a way to install just the custom field?

I tried to install just the custom field by extracting and installing the plg_fields_mediajce.zip package, but that doesn't work. The field doesn't even show up in Type select box for a new field 😃 So probably a thing or two are missing. Is it a silly question to ask if you could make the custom field available in a stand alone package?

EDIT: The field does show up in the type select box. I simply forgot to enable the plugin after installation 😛 But it still doesn't work unfortunately.

Regards,

Pieter-jan de Vries

Ryan
The File Browser custom field use the File Browser API from the JCE API, of which the editor itself is a part. It cannot be separated and installed as a standalone extension.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pjdevries
Hi Ryan,

I anticipated that outcome, but thanks for your reply nevertheless :):

Regards,

Pieter-Jan de Vries