You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100534 MediaBox Popup Parameters

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 15 July 2019 16:49 BST

steve bistritz
I am trying to configure the MediaBox popup. How do I use the popup parameters? What names are there for the parameters and what value would I use? For example - I would like to turn off the file name. What name do I use in the parameter field and then what value? I tried searching all of support areas and could not find a list of names and associated parameters.

I appreciate your help!

Ryan
Are you creating a mediabox popup link manually, or are you using the Link dialog or Image Manager Extended?

I would like to turn off the file name. What name do I use in the parameter field and then what value?

What do you mean by "turn off the file name"?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

steve bistritz
I am using the MediaBox extension and creating a popup from the edit link button in the editor.

When the video pops up (by clicking on the link in the article) there is a file name across the top of the video. If I use an iFrame to show the video (on a different article page) there is no file name. It could be the settings in Vimeo - but I am using the same link address for both of them.

I also am interested in using some of the other items in the Configuration support document but am not sure where some of them go - such as the name/value boxes on the popup set up dialog box. Is there a document that has a list of the available names (such as com_weblink as indicated in the configuration document under exclude components) and associate values for each?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan
When the video pops up (by clicking on the link in the article) there is a file name across the top of the video. If I use an iFrame to show the video (on a different article page) there is no file name. It could be the settings in Vimeo - but I am using the same link address for both of them.

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

steve bistritz
here on the home page is a link to show the video. This is done with an iFrame.
https://stannenj.freesite.host/

this link: https://stannenj.freesite.host/index.php/about-us/general-information
is for an article that will popup the video

Thanks for your help!!!

steve bistritz
I figured out some of my issues with the video - it was in the vimeo hosting side.

I am still interested in using some of the other items in the Configuration support document but am not sure where some of them go - such as the name/value boxes on the popup set up dialog box. Is there a document that has a list of the available names (such as com_weblink as indicated in the configuration document under exclude components) and associate values for each?

Thanks for your help!!!

Ryan
I am still interested in using some of the other items in the Configuration support document but am not sure where some of them go - such as the name/value boxes on the popup set up dialog box.

These are for generic parameters that can be passed to the popup media item, such as attributes for a video tag, eg: controls, autoplay etc.

For Vimeo or Youtube, these would refer to the Vimeo and Youtube options eg: Portait, Byline, Title, Autoplay etc. (for Vimeo) or Autoplay, Loop, Start etc. (for Youtube). These are not yet supported for Vimeo, but will be in the next MediaBox update.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
It is sometimes easier to create a Vimeo, Youtube or Video popup using the Media Manager dialog instead of the Link dialog, as a Media Options tab is available to set properties for video.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/100534-mediabox-popup-parameters.png

There is unfortunately a small bug in this for Vimeo, but this will be fixed in the JCE Pro 2.7.15 update this week.

Ryan Demmer