You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101064 Javascript won't load in frontend | Unusual HTML keeps getting added within JCE Pro

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 27 September 2019 19:38 BST

YourUnityStore
Hi folks!

The website in question uses Joomla! version 3.9.11 [I will supply more system info. if required].

I downloaded the latest version of JCE Pro and I'm having all kinds of weird and spurious things happening in both the backend and frontend.

Frontend: I have followed the instructions for fixing issues relating to the use of Javascript and while it appears to save it on the backend, the JS does not appear in the frontend. Just a blank page. Super User is set to 'no filtering' and everything else recommended in your suggested solutions does not fix this major glitch. Thinking that there may be a JQuery compatibility issue that is causing this and have attemtped to address this with JCH Optimize and JCC CSS & JS Control but to no avail.

Does anyone have a clue what to do in this scenario?

Backend: Some weird html is appearing in the editor box that has no relationship with the content of the website. It's as if some code snippet is adding this and I have to say, it's somewhat disconcerting. It's like your home has been burgled and the perpetrators have put size XXXXL boxer shorts in your drawers which is no good for a medium waste kind of bloke.

Could someone give me pointers as to what might be doing this within JCE Pro?

Please advise if you require any additional system information.

I'd be very happy to provide Admin access to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Ryan
Frontend: I have followed the instructions for fixing issues relating to the use of Javascript and while it appears to save it on the backend, the JS does not appear in the frontend. Just a blank page. Super User is set to 'no filtering' and everything else recommended in your suggested solutions does not fix this major glitch. Thinking that there may be a JQuery compatibility issue that is causing this and have attemtped to address this with JCH Optimize and JCC CSS & JS Control but to no avail.

Please post a link to an example.

Backend: Some weird html is appearing in the editor box that has no relationship with the content of the website. It's as if some code snippet is adding this and I have to say, it's somewhat disconcerting. It's like your home has been burgled and the perpetrators have put size XXXXL boxer shorts in your drawers which is no good for a medium waste kind of bloke.

Please post an example of the html that is being added.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

YourUnityStore
I have tried to add the JS and links to this post but it doesn't want to know. I'll try posting a screenshot when I get back to my office.

YourUnityStore
Here's the code that gets loaded to articles and products using JCE as our editor of choice.

Attachments

Ryan

Basically, if the code is saving correctly, without being altered, then the issue is not with the editor. It would be useful to have a link to an article on your site where this code is being used.

Ryan Demmer

YourUnityStore
Thanks for your assistance with this, Ryan!

As requested, please see the link below.

We are currently testing K2 and this has been observed in the back end in both K2 and Joomla articles when editing items/articles..

Ryan
As far as I can see, the scripts you have added to the content on that page are loading as expected.

Ryan Demmer

YourUnityStore
This is what gets injected into articles etc as seen from the back end.

Attachments

Ryan
Yes, that looks fine, and is also what is visible in the source code of the article in the front-end. JCE has effectively done it's job.

Those script tags also appear to be loading the files they are supposed to load in the front-end. As to what it is they are supposed to do, and why they are not doing what is expected, I cannot comment on that.

Ryan Demmer