You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101449 Is there a button for custom fields in the editor layout?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:19 BST

SigridGR
Hi,
is there a button in the profile (editor layout) to add the markup for a custom field to the article text like {field 3} - or even better {field speciallink}
I know the editor-extended buttons underneath the article text. However, if I am not showing the buttons there, is it possible to add a field from the buttons (like bold, paragraph, link, image,...)?
Thanks
Sigrid

Ryan
This will be available in JCE Pro 2.8.0, with a new "Joomla" button that creates a drop-down list of the editor-xtd buttons, in the editor toolbar. See the image below.

You can test this in JCE Pro 2.8.0 RC16 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

In Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout, add the Joomla button to the editor toolbar. Once added, the buttons below the editor will not be loaded.

Please note that this requires that the editor has been initialised via the Joomla API, so in extensions where there is not done, eg: SP Page Builder, the buttons will not be available.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/101449-is-there-a-button-for-custom-fields-in-the-editor-layout.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

SigridGR
ah, that's a great feature!
I will definitely test it and later use in projects.
However, in this case it would be the yootheme editor and I guess it will not work.

Thanks anyways!

Ryan
However, in this case it would be the yootheme editor and I guess it will not work.

I have tested it with Yootheme Pro - which does load the buttons - and it works fine. You will however need to download the RC16 again and re-install, as I had to fix some issues with Yootheme z-index values - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development/jce-pro-2-8-0-dev

Please clear your browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

semaphore
Hi,
Using the 2.8.10 but the joomla button don't show custom field and can't see any plug-in option for the button. What I miss ?

Thanks

Ryan
Using the 2.8.10 but the joomla button don't show custom field and can't see any plug-in option for the button. What I miss ?

@semaphore - What do you mean by a custom field? Fields created with Content -> Fields are shown in the Fields tab when editing.

Ryan Demmer

semaphore
Sorry the editor-xtd button for fields was not enable :-/

Other question before I test : if I insert the code {field 3} for rendering the value of CF ID 3 in a template it will work and like this we can design full template using custom fields ? The only thing I can imagine as an issue it will any strip / clean of the template file / code.

Ryan
if I insert the code for rendering the value of CF ID 3 in a template it will work and like this we can design full template using custom fields ? The only thing I can imagine as an issue it will any strip / clean of the template file / code.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. This is not a JCE function or feature.

Ryan Demmer