You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101501 Make items in WYSIWYG selectable

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by saraheagle on Tuesday, 29 October 2019 09:14 GMT

saraheagle
Hello

A lot of my clients who don't know HTML are confused by the selecting of items, they do expect to be able to click on an item in the WYSIWYG and be able to edit them.
I have read https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/editor/selecting-text-and-elements and I have tried to make the "path" element easier for them to understand.

It would make the editor so much easier for them if they could click on the div itself and have the attribute button show as selected like the "b or <strong>" button does, and then they could click on attributes and set the specific classes for that div.

This never used to be such an issue as I'd just create a few different templates for them, but now they want to be able to edit the padding, and margins etc of divs, and with Bootstrap giving those options, my clients want to be able to use them.

Ryan
The Attributes dialog can be used for any selection in the editor, so it should technically be constantly highlighted, which might be confusing in itself.

I have however found a bug with both the Attributes dialog and how other formats are applied to the editor in general, when no explicit selection is made ie: some text or an image. For example, if you clicked somewhere in a paragraph, and then attempted to apply a style from the Styles list, this wouldn't work, as it required the entire paragraph to be selected, which is often difficult to do. I have changed this, so that now the style would be applied to the paragraph, without it having to be selected.

The same things also now happens when adding an attribute or class with the Attributes dialog.

This will be available in the next RC or the 2.8.0 general release.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

saraheagle
The Attributes dialog can be used for any selection in the editor, so it should technically be constantly highlighted, which might be confusing in itself.

Yes, I see.

Thanks for the bug fix, you're so quick at sorting stuff out :)