You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101685 JCE MediaBox 2.0.13 inserting code in JCE Editor link properties box

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by INsane on Sunday, 17 November 2019 00:04 GMT

INsane
I searched FAQ's and have no result to my issue. Possibly a bug as it occurred either after a Joomla update and the latest JCE update.

Issue/bug:
When I make a link with the editor it no longer opens in a new window when I set that option in the link dialogue box.
It opens in a pop-up frame like a media manager pop-up image and not in a new window/tab.

• If I change the editor to TinyMCE it does not have this fault.

I have never seen this before in JCE nor Joomla.
I have another site and the same version of JCE / JCE MediaBox and it does not do this.

The difference may be the one having issues (dodbits.com) is running on Joomla! 3.9.13
The working site is running on Joomla! 3.9.8 (sturmbot.org)

When I place a link in, the JCE editor is inserting this before a link... class="jcepopup"

Look at this test page... http://www.dodbits.com/dods/index.php/half-life-1-games/112-test-article-for-editors

• I uninstalled JCE MediaBox 2.0.13 and all links I make are working correctly.
  • I reinstalled JCE MediaBox 2.0.13 and all links I made end up in a pop-up not in a new window.

Any idea what is going on? Why is mediabox inserting code... when I am using the link button in the editor?

At the moment I have to uninstall JCE MediaBox 2.0.13 if I want to insert links of any type, they all end up in pop-ups. Very annoying issue this one Ryan.

Need help :)

Edit: I have sent you a PM should you need site access to test.

Thanks,

Kim.

Ryan
In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link, in the Popups section, you had the Default value set to JCE MediaBox Popups, so this was the default selected value in the Popups tab in the Link dialog, which resulted in all links being configured as popup links.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/101685-jce-mediabox-2-0-13-inserting-code-in-jce-editor-link-properties.jpg

I have set this to Not Set on your site, which fixes the issue.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

INsane
Thanks for the support, I did check that section but seeing it is called "Popups" I thought it would only control image popups not text links.

It certainly caught me out, "Popups" to me is what I use in JCE MediaBox.

What I thought this was...
I was separating "Links" as the section that controls text links.
Then "Popups" as something I only use in JCE MediaBox.

Perhaps consider a warning there?
Warning: Altering from the default "Not Set" will override all link settings in the editor.

Something that would prompt the user that this setting actually overrides all links?

You would think a simple setting like that could not override the editors links dialogue box...
https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/links/the-link-dialog-interface

Or... if it did, the options in the "Target" dropdown would not be enabled?

Anyway... thanks for the fix Ryan, this one really got me.
Been using JCE for a long time and figured out all issues that come up but this one.It was a bit cryptic.

Kim.