You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102002 Missing buttons after updating to 2.8.0 (RC10)

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by adi77 on Thursday, 05 December 2019 12:38 GMT

Thorbavaria
Hi,
after updating from 2.7.x to your latest stable release of 2.8.0 I'm missing the following line of necessary buttons below the article view:

Installing your latest RC did not succeed.
I haven't found a switch that my buttons show up again but I need them.
After going back to 2.7.20 they showed up again.

Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Björn

Attachments

Ryan
If you have added the Joomla button to the editor toolbar, then the buttons are included in a drop-down menu from that button, not below the editor, eg:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/102002-missing-buttons-after-updating-to-2-8-0-rc10.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

adi77
Version 2.8.1

The Yootheme Pro button is missing in the dropdown.

It would be great if there is a way to place buttons again below the editor. Users who use Yootheme are used to it and can not find it anymore (which leads to increased support requests). It also needs a lot more clicks now.

Attachments

Ryan
The Yootheme Pro button is missing in the dropdown.

Which Yootheme Pro button are you referring to? I don't see it in the screenshot of your original post.

It would be great if there is a way to place buttons again below the editor. Users who use Yootheme are used to it and can not find it anymore (which leads to increased support requests). It also needs a lot more clicks now.

Remove the Joomla button from the editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout.

Ryan Demmer

adi77
In this case, this field only in the dropdown menu.

I was not aware that the button line below the editor will be hidden as soon as you use the "Joomla Button Dropdown" function.

Attachments

Ryan
Only buttons that are installed as editor-xtd buttons can be included in the Joomla drop-down menu. The Yootheme Builder button appears to be added dynamically in a seperate process, so it is not available to be included in the menu.

Please try JCE Pro 2.8.2 Beta1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development - which makes allowance for this so that the Yootheme Builder button is still able to be rendered at the bottom of the editor, if the Joomla menu is added to the editor toolbar.

Ryan Demmer

adi77
Hello Ryan

So it's perfekt with 2.8.2 Beta1

thanks

Attachments