You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#102073 Image Upload with File Browser

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 20 December 2019 10:59 GMT

dmwalk
When I upload an image within the File Browser, the file size increases, even though I have not checked resize. How do I stop the File Browser from changing the image and it's size? When I use Media Manager, the file is uploaded as is.

Ryan
In Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem, do you have the Remove EXIF Data option enabled?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dmwalk
Yes, I have Remove Exif Data enabled, which I would assume should reduce the file size, not increase it.

Ryan
I am seeing a slight reduction in file size when uploading an image with Remove Exif Data enabled in my tests, compared with the file size reported by Finder (on OSX).

There does appear to be some discrepancy between this file size and the one displayed in the upload dialog, which is lower than the final file size.

Which file sizes are you comparing?

Ryan Demmer

dmwalk
I have installed imagick, but it seems to make no difference on our server. When the Remove Exif Data is checked, the upload usually increases in size. When it is not checked, the upload size usually remains the same. I think there is something wrong with the Remove Exif Data function, if the image has no Exif data, as it increases the image size.

Ryan
I have installed imagick, but it seems to make no difference on our server. When the Remove Exif Data is checked, the upload usually increases in size. When it is not checked, the upload size usually remains the same. I think there is something wrong with the Remove Exif Data function, if the image has no Exif data, as it increases the image size.

I have been testing this, and do not notice any significant difference in file size when using IMagick.

In Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem, is the Use IMagick if available option set to Yes?

Ryan Demmer