You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102104 Image Manager Extended Searching Files - but Not Directories

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jameshills on Monday, 16 December 2019 06:28 GMT

jameshills
When I use the search in the middle column to locate a directory, it now only pulls up files from all directories. This happened after updating to the latest version so I'm not sure if long ago I flipped a switch and that just got overwritten or how to get it back.

I have individual folders for each story on my site where I keep the images for that post. So being able to search for the right directory easily is sorta important :)

Thanks for any assistance

Ryan
When I use the search in the middle column to locate a directory, it now only pulls up files from all directories. This happened after updating to the latest version so I'm not sure if long ago I flipped a switch and that just got overwritten or how to get it back.

The original "Search" was really just a filter of the active folder list. This was expanded in 2.8.0 to include a 3 folder deep full file search, but directories were not included in the results.

I have added this for the next update. You can test it in JCE Pro 2.8.2 Beta 2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jameshills
Thank you, I just downloaded Beta 8 and am trying it now.