You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102628 Top bar buttons in backend don't fire anymore with JCE enabled.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by barredespace on Thursday, 16 January 2020 10:32 GMT

barredespace
Hi,

JCE Pro latest version, Back-end, issue appeared lately but no idea what was the update that caused it.

When JCE is activated all the top bar buttons (Save, Save and close, Close) apart from Versions don't fire anymore.
I suspected some kind of conflict and tried to deactivate any plugin that could interfere but that did not resolve the issue.

I only get this error in console :
Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'querySelectorAll' on 'Element': 'optgroup,select,datalist,option,isindex,menu,noscript,dd,dt,dl,caption,ul,ol,li,td,tr,th,tfoot,thead,tbody,table,hr,optgroup,select,datalist,option,isindex,menu,noscript,dd,dt,dl,caption,ul,ol,li,td,tr,th,tfoot,thead,tbody,table,hr,figure,nav,aside,hgroup,section,article,footer,header,fieldset,dir,center,blockquote,form,pre,address,div,p,h6,h5,h4,h3,h2,h1,figure,nav,aside,hgroup,section,article,footer,header,fieldset,dir,center,blockquote,form,pre,address,div,p,h6,h5,h4,h3,h2,h1,<svg>,<svg>,mce-comment,mce-comment' is not a valid selector.

The issue disappears if I switch to native Tiny MCE and so does the error in Console.

I tried everything I could think of, no more idea.

Regards,
--
Pascal

Ryan
Have you added anything to the Extended Elements list in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Advanced?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

barredespace
Yes, I added svg (was <svg> before but I removed brackets and tried removing it altogether but that did not help).

barredespace
OK. Resolved. I was not correcting the right profile. I just removed <SVG> from the active profile and it corrected the error. SVG without brackets is actually all right and does not cause any problem.

Thanks,
--
Pascal

Ryan
There is a dedicated plugin available for enabling svg tags - https://github.com/widgetfactory/jce-editor-svg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

barredespace
Hey thank you for that ! I don't remember when or why I added SVG to probably discover it would not work.
I will definitely add the plugin now that I know of it and it will surely be helpful !

--
Pascal