You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#102786 Issues that arose after upgrading from PRO 2.6.38 to PRO 2.8.3

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by stavros on Monday, 27 January 2020 18:30 GMT

stavros
Joomla 3.9.14
PHP 7.3.11

Having upgraded from Pro 2.6.38 to Pro 2.8.3 the following issues arose:
  1. In Code View, the window is not resizable anymore and it usually shows only a few lines, and sometimes no lines at all.
  2. In Code View, in fullscreen mode, the last line remains outside the viewable area.
  3. In Code view, the "Fullscreen" icon is now on the leftmost side of the menu, while in the pre-2.8.x versions it was on the rightmost side, next to the "Format HTML" icon. These two icon buttons are the most used by me, and their being next to each other was greatly convenient to me. How can I position them together again?

I would also suggest, if possible, the fullscreen mode not hide the "Save" button, or alternatively let us have a "save button" within the fullscreen mode.

Ryan
In Code View, the window is not resizable anymore and it usually shows only a few lines, and sometimes no lines at all.
In Code View, in fullscreen mode, the last line remains outside the viewable area.

Please try JCE Pro 2.8.4 RC4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

In Code view, the "Fullscreen" icon is now on the leftmost side of the menu, while in the pre-2.8.x versions it was on the rightmost side, next to the "Format HTML" icon. These two icon buttons are the most used by me, and their being next to each other was greatly convenient to me. How can I position them together again?

The button positions are currently fixed, but I am looking into the possibility of adding an option to re-order them, like with the main editor toolbar, in a future update.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

stavros
Excellent!
The code view window is now resizable, and the fullscreen now shows all content. Thank you Ryan!
Please place in your "future-to-do" list the ability to re-order the code view menu icons, and, if possible, the ability of saving an article/module while in fullscreen.