You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#103203 JCE Pro not installing on PHP 7.3.14 and MySQL 8.0.18

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by tooliedotter on Wednesday, 26 February 2020 06:39 GMT

tooliedotter
I just moved 23 websites from one Bitnami.com Linux stack to another one on AWS, and now updating JCE Pro is not working correctly. If I click Update in the Manage section, the extension installs (pkg_jce_pro_286.zip), but after installation, it is still listed in the Update section as needing to be updated. In addition, the JCE menu option under Components disappears. If I go to the Control Panel, I can navigate my way back to the component, but this should not be happening!

I use JCE Pro on ALL these sites, so I am very concerned that things are going to get worse. Here is the information from one instance with this problem:

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux 4.9.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u2 (2019-11-11) x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 8.0.18
Database Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci
PHP Version 7.3.14
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.9.15 Stable [ Amani ] 27-January-2020 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Do you see anything that could be causing this instability?

Please advise, and thank you!

tooliedotter
I just tried your 2.8.7beta, and while it installs, the menu option is still gone, and the 2.8.6 is still listed in the Update section.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

tooliedotter
I am pleased to report that after quite a bit of work, the folks who supply the Linux stack and I figured out that something went wrong when using PHPMyAdmin to transfer the database files from the old server to the new server. I used the manual msqldump command and was able to successfully transfer the data. Now everything is functioning correctly, including your Joomla Content Editor Pro.

Sorry for the churn; it took a heck of a long time to move 19 websites, all of which use your editor.

Toolie