You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#103622 Multilanguage site - link editor not working properly

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 27 March 2020 16:33 GMT

twinforce
Hi,

I've noticed an issue with how JCE Pro works with Acymailing since the lastests updates of JCE plugin.

In a multilanguage site, when you link content in the Acymailing newsltter through the JCE edit link funciton, browse through the content tree and select a destination article, the language code implementation is not working anymore.

JCE is editing the multilaguange link as "lang=en-GB" in the URL, but those links don't work unless you have selected the EN language in the sitre language selector on the frontend. If you are on the frontend in the EN version, that link will work, but if you are, lets say, in the NL version of the site, and you click that link, you'll get a 404 error. The only way it works now is manually changing the language coede to "en" intead of "en-GB", or "nl" instead of "nl-NL", and so on.

This wasn't an issue before, so I'm wondering if something has changed in the last versions of JCE, or maybe of Joomla. I already talked to Acymailing and the problem doesn't seem to be on their side.

What do you think could be the problem?

Ryan
JCE is editing the multilaguange link as "lang=en-GB" in the URL, but those links don't work unless you have selected the EN language in the sitre language selector on the frontend. If you are on the frontend in the EN version, that link will work, but if you are, lets say, in the NL version of the site, and you click that link, you'll get a 404 error. The only way it works now is manually changing the language coede to "en" intead of "en-GB", or "nl" instead of "nl-NL", and so on.

This wasn't an issue before, so I'm wondering if something has changed in the last versions of JCE, or maybe of Joomla. I already talked to Acymailing and the problem doesn't seem to be on their side.

JCE uses the Joomla ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute (components/com_content/helpers/route.php) to finalize the link, which adds parameters such as the category id and language. This method requires the language code to be passed in, which is retrieved by JCE from the Joomla #_content database table, for each link.

If you use the Article button below the editor (or in the Joomla dropdown menu in the JCE editor toolbar), do you get the same url for a link?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

twinforce
Yes, doing that I get exactly the same link.

Ryan
Do the multilanguage links work in a normal article, ie: not in ACYMailing?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.