You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#103630 Apostrophe moving to become accent on character before space in the front end. All OK when pasted in the backend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by tensimismado on Wednesday, 25 March 2020 17:40 GMT

tensimismado
Hello,
I´ve used the paste as plain text from a word document and all looks fine in the editor in the backend. However, when saved all the apostrophes appear as an accent on the character previous to the apostrophe in the front end .

Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Tim

Ryan
I´ve used the paste as plain text from a word document and all looks fine in the editor in the backend. However, when saved all the apostrophes appear as an accent on the character previous to the apostrophe in the front end .

It looks like you are not using an apostophe in the original document, but rather the acute symbol, which is why the pasted text contains this instead of apostrophe.

I notice too that you have used the same symbol in the I´ve of your post text, which should be written as I've with an apostrophe.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

tensimismado
Hello Ryan,
Looks like you're right and I´ve been using the acute symbol for year (wriing in English on a Spamish keyboard.)
Thanks very much.
Tim