You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#103857 Images wraping with text left or right aligned on mobile devices

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by marleyman on Wednesday, 15 April 2020 13:05 BST

marleyman
Firstly a HUGE THANK YOU for your many years of dedication and development of JCE Editor. I've used it since Joomla was first released and it's core to a good Joomla website.
Can you kindly look at the attached screenshot taking on my Android device. I put a red arrow at text to the right of an image.
When clients are adding an image left or right aligned with the text in their articles, it seems to always display like this on Mobile Devices.
Can you please share any tips at remedying this?
Many thanks as always! And please stay safe and well out there.

Attachments

Ryan
The best way to deal with this would be to use Columns for the image and text, putting the image in one column and the text in the other, rather than having both in one paragraph. This will ensure that the text wraps below the image on mobile devices.

You can read more about columns here - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/columns/creating-and-editing-columns

A simple example for your layout could be something like this:

1. Create a new paragraph after the block of text before the image, them select the image, then use CTRL + X and CTRL + V to paste it into the new paragraph.
2. Click somewhere in this paragraph (not on the image) and click the Align Center button.
3. Click in the paragraph below the image, then drag select this paragraph and the image.
4. Click the Create Columns button, change the Stack Width to Small, and click Insert.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/103857-images-wraping-with-text-left-or-right-aligned-on-mobile-devices.gif

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

marleyman
Thanks for the reply Ryan, would columns be responsive?

Ryan
would columns be responsive?

Yes they are.

Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

marleyman
I'm using Shape5 Corporate Response

Ryan
Yes, Columns will work fine with this. Although it does not appear to use a CSS Framework like Bootstrap or UIKit, so it will use the JCE generic columns css for columns display.

Ryan Demmer

marleyman
Great many thanks Ryan