You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104185 Pasting from Word

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 07 May 2020 10:02 BST

mscruse
I've seen an issue the last couple of days - perhaps since the last update - with pasting from Word (something I do on a daily basis).

I have done a lot of testing and the issue appears to only be in Chrome (Mac and PC) and the newest Edge browser on PC (which uses the Chrome engine). Firefox (PC and Mac) and Safari are all OK.

Attached are 2 screenshots from Chrome on the Mac. This is after pasting from a word doc that contains text only (I have tested different Word docs). It looks like it pasts as a media uploader and you can see the HTML after attempting the paste.

On a PC you don't see the same media box, but nothing pasts into the editor. If I do the "past as text" option it works, but then all my formatting is gone.

Anyone else seeing this? I see it on several sites in development and several clients have raised the same issue.

I'm using Joomla 3.9.18 with JCE Pro 2.8.11.

Attachments

mscruse
Further testing reveals that if I downgrade to JCE Pro 2.8.10 the issue goes away. So something in 2.8.11.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.12 Beta 2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mscruse
Hi Ryan. That seems to have fixed the issue. I've tested on a couple of sites and copy/past from Word is working.

Do you know when 2.8.12 will be released?

Ryan
Do you know when 2.8.12 will be released?

Early next week.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.