You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#104296 Template Manager not working correctly

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by saraheagle on Thursday, 28 May 2020 07:40 BST

saraheagle
I'm having trouble with the Template Manager Dropdown, I don't think it's working correctly.

I have put in two test templates and they show in the dropdown, but the images don't show. Ideally I was expecting to see thumbnails of the images instead of the title.
Also no text gets put into the article when I click, I have tested this on two sites.

I really like the ability to add these templates where the users cannot edit them with an image (if that's how it's supposed to work!), it would be great to be able to import/export these as a json file.

Attachments

Ryan
I have put in two test templates and they show in the dropdown, but the images don't show. Ideally I was expecting to see thumbnails of the images instead of the title.
Also no text gets put into the article when I click, I have tested this on two sites.

For the Template Item, it must be either a URL to a text or html file, or some HTML code.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

saraheagle
I see, but I cannot upload an html or txt file, only images using that upload button in the URL field and it opens the image manager which cannot upload those file types either.

I added "html" & "txt" to the file types that the image manager could upload, but it still didn't work.

Thanks

Ryan
Do you still have this issue in the current beta? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

saraheagle
Super, I can now upload an image, but I cannot yet select one as no images are showing.
The images show in the img manager extended.

Thanks

Attachments

Ryan
This is because you can only upload and view template manager files, ie: html, htm and txt files.

Ryan Demmer

saraheagle
Sorry I got confused because it said "Change image" in the top left corner!
I have just downloaded and checked out beta 4 - that's so much better where it says "file or html" and the thumbnail is ace, I love it.

Thanks very much :)