You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104370 Maillink - add body text

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 04 June 2020 19:34 BST

fohren
Hi Ryan ...
E-Mail Link with added option of BODY TEXT ...
at the moment you can add e-mail adresses and a title but no body text.

nowadays with GDPR (DSGVO) it´s easies sometimes to just put a e-mail Link in your homepage and people dont have to fill out forms with GDPR options and so on.

I do use and know how to put the body text into the link, but it would be easier for my clients to be able to put the Body Text in the link option without manually having to do it.

Thx

Attachments

Ryan
I have added support for this in JCE Pro 2.8.13 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fohren
Hi Ryan ... thx for that, it´s really great.
You are doing a great job with JCE and I appreciate it very much.

Would it be possible to insert "html codes" into the "body-text" like line breaks </br> or maybe even be able to format the body text with the editor?

Ryan
You can add simple HTML to the body content, in the textarea, but to add more complex HTML, you should consider using a forms / contact extension. The Email option in the Link dialog is intended to facilitate the creation of simple email links.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.