You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104404 update error JCE PRO

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by guebelli on Monday, 25 May 2020 15:52 BST

guebelli
I have been trying to update JCE PRO now for 2 weeks. I have contacted my Rackspace server techs and they made permission and owner settings and it is still giving me the following error:

Copy file failed /var/www/vhosts/web3.lingeriemart.com/tmp/install_5ec7520e4fd29/packages/install_5ec7520e63dc1/components/com_jce/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui_touch.css => /var/www/vhosts/web3.lingeriemart.com/components/com_jce/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui_touch.css
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_jce.zip
Joomla! 3.9.18
VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325
PHP 7.2
Apache / Rackspace server

Please advise.

Ryan
This looks like a permissions issue.

Try deleting the components/com_jce folder using an FTP client, then attempting the the update again.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

guebelli
Hi Ryan,

I was able to update to my development site for this domain dev3.lingeriemart.com after deleting /com_jce, but for LIVE domain, I get this new error:

Warning
Copy file failed /var/www/vhosts/web3.lingeriemart.com/tmp/install_5ec7f123a1ee5/packages/install_5ec7f123aaad2/administrator/components/com_jce/models/fields/keyvalue.php => /var/www/vhosts/web3.lingeriemart.com/administrator/components/com_jce/models/fields/keyvalue.php
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_jce.zip

NOTE: No new /com_jce folder was made on attempting to install. I tried via auto Update, direct update via zip and via folder.

Ryan
Again, a permissions issue, perhaps related to moving the site from one server to another?

Delete the following folders and then try and install the latest package.

administrator/components/com_jce
components/com_jce
plugins/content/jce
plugins/editors/jce
plugins/extension/jce
plugins/fields/mediajce
plugins/installer/jce
plugins/quickicon/jce
plugins/system/jce
media/jce

Ryan Demmer

guebelli
Ok I will try it after this holiday weekend here.

I deleted /components/com_jce and it broke entire back end. I had to reinstall the deleted folder to get my administrator back up.

Thanks for your continuous assistance.

George

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I was able to safely remove most of JCE from the site, but was unable to re-install as I am unable to remove one file.

Please delete the plugins/editors/jce folder using yout FTP client, then re-install the latest version of the editor - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/latest

Ryan Demmer

guebelli
That worked! Thanks for your assistance. I appreciate it very much.