You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104523 Set "File Directory Path" but still need to browse main folder

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 10 June 2020 10:32 BST

principino1984
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to set a default folder for images/files, for example setting the "images/stories/$year-$month" but still have the way to browse the whole "images/stories" folders

Thanks
Marco

Ryan
Once the File Directory Path is set at a specific level, eg: "images/stories/$year-$month", the user cannot navigate down the folder tree to images/stories or images.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

principino1984
Once the File Directory Path is set at a specific level, eg: "images/stories/$year-$month", the user cannot navigate down the folder tree to images/stories or images.

I know, but if I'm the admin and I'd like a personalized editor that sets the default folder (for example in this way I can just drag and drop the picture in that folder that will change every day thanks to the $day setup), but I still want to be able to browse all the other folders? Is this possible?

Thanks for your support
Marco

Ryan
This can be done with an additional plugin, using a JCE Filesystem event. These are detailed here - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf_filesystem_events - which includes an example plugin, and some examples of how to use the events. The last example - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf_filesystem_events#example-onwffilesystemgetrootdir-method - is applicable to your scenario.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.