You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104574 JCCE File browser media cutom field -> Error PDF upload

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 15 June 2020 13:01 BST

jjonker
HI I have created an article custom field of the type 'JCE File Browser'. I have set the media type to files'.

In the article custom fields tab we see the upload field. When I try to upload a PDF I get this error: 'The selected file is not supported'.

I suspect the field we see is meant for uploading images. It has the eye preview button and when I click on 'Select' the popup has the title 'Change Image' and show images in the browser. I suppose we would need to see the file browser here.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Joomla 3.9.19 | JCE PRO 2.8.12

Kind regards,
Jip

Ryan
In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser, is the pdf file type checked in the Permitted File Extensions list?

I suspect the field we see is meant for uploading images. It has the eye preview button and when I click on 'Select' the popup has the title 'Change Image' and show images in the browser. I suppose we would need to see the file browser here.

You are seeing the File Browser. The "Change Image" title is the result of the File Browser having to be opened by the Joomla API in a Joomla modal window. I will see if I can fix the window title in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jjonker
Not sure if that's the case... See screenshots. I see images in the 'Select' browser, not files. And uploading a file gives an error.

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Done.

Ryan
I don't see a relevant field created in Content -> Fields on this site. If I create one, eg: Files, then it works as expected. I am able to upload a pdf file (see the opengraph folder)

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
This was a different site, no the same as where we had the mp4 'issue'. But I wil compare what you did to what we did on the other site. Maybe I see what is different.

jjonker
I just tried the field you created on the site I provided a SU account for, But I am having the same issue here...:o

Weird. Maybe it's a browser issue? I am using Chrome.

jjonker
I also tried Firefox. I also get the same error (The selected file is not supported')

Ryan
Is that on the https://www.bosgrond.nl website?

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
I also tried the same file as you did. No luck.

jjonker
Is that on the https://www.bosgrond.nl website?

Yes

I had this issue on a different site, but you created this field on the bosgrond site. So I tried it there and I get the same error.

Ryan
Are you using the Files input that I create in the Fields tab?

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Yes, I could create a video if that will help...

jjonker
I just re-enabled your test account on the bosgrond.nl website...

jjonker
Maybe there is some confusion about the upload method... I am talking about the upload button on the custom field. Next to the select button. I do not mean the upload button after the 'select' button has been clicked and the button in the browser popup is selected.

The upload from within the browser popup works OK.

Ryan
Maybe there is some confusion about the upload method... I am talking about the upload button on the custom field. Next to the select button. I do not mean the upload button after the 'select' button has been clicked and the button in the browser popup is selected

Yes, I have just noticed that, and can reproduce the issue. I am working on a fix now.

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
I figured out we can remove this upload button in the JCE settings.

Profile -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser -> Media Filed Options -> 'Direct upload'

That might be a better way to go. Then a user can select the folder they want to upload in. I am not sure where the upload would go if the upload button is working? I found no folder settings in this custom field type.

Ryan
I am not sure where the upload would go if the upload button is working? I found no folder settings in this custom field type.

It is uploaded into the File Directory Path of the File Browser, if set, or into the File Directory Path in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem.

Ryan Demmer