You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#104640 Youtube video is stripped from article

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 13 October 2020 16:48 BST

functioneelbeheer
Hi there,
Editors in our intranet website have got the possibility of adding a youtube video through the JCE Editor. All users use the same JCE profile. However when someone of the "Communication department" adds a youtube video the video is stripped away from the editor; when a super user does exactly the same, the video is left intact. Like I said: they all use the same JCE profile, but have different permissions in Joomla as per user group.

Could you think of a setting in Joomla that I have to change so that the Communication Dept will also have the right to embed the youtube video in articles?

Thanx

Thom

Ryan
Please see - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/iframe-removed-on-saving

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Joris
Just a question about this FAQ suggestion:
Setting the Filter Type to 'No Filtering' works fine, but is not very secure.
I expect changing the Filter Type to 'Whitelist' with Filter tag 'iframe' will do the job too and wil be much more secure.
Anything wrong with this thought?

TIA and kind regards,
Joris

Ryan
I expect changing the Filter Type to 'Whitelist' with Filter tag 'iframe' will do the job too and wil be much more secure.
Anything wrong with this thought?

Yes, all other tags that are not iframe will be removed.

When using the No Filtering option, make sure it is only set for trusted User Groups.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Alternatively, use Custom Blacklist, and then add the following to the Filter Tags field:

applet,body,bgsound,base,basefont,canvas,embed,frame,frameset,head,html,id,ilayer,layer,link,meta,name,object,script,style,title,xml

Ryan Demmer