You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104749 JCE Pro won't engage in Articles

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ntm91307 on Thursday, 02 July 2020 20:15 BST

ntm91307
Can't get JCE Pro to engage in Articles. It's the default editor for the whole site and it engages when I edit a flyer in AcyMailing without a hitch. But when I try to create or edit an article all I get is the default editor.

After browsing your forum I downloaded and installed v2.8.15-beta 3 but it didn't help.

I'm running Joomla! 3.9.19 stable and PHP 7.2.24

Thank you for your help....

Ryan
In Users -> Manage, is Editor - JCE set as the Editor option in the Basic Settings tab?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ntm91307
Thank you for your response.

I don't see a Basic Settings tab in Users/Manage or Users/Options. No mention of an Editor. But there is one in Site Global Configuration and it is set to Editor - JCE (see screenshots).

I've installed JCE Editor Pro in a few other sites where it works perfectly. I have one with version 2.7.5 that still works. All I've ever had to do until now was make sure the Site Global Configuration was set properly.

Is there a new setting somewhere that I don't know about? Or did something change in Joomla! or JCE that is causing this and needs attention?

Thanks for helping....

Attachments

Ryan

I don't see a Basic Settings tab in Users/Manage or Users/Options. No mention of an Editor. But there is one in Site Global Configuration and it is set to Editor - JCE (see screenshots).

You will see the tab when you click on a user's name to edit.

Ryan Demmer

ntm91307
Holy Hannah! I've never had to do that before.

Does this mean JCE Editor Pro is now user specific? Not that big of a deal since only one or two of us ever use it. But is there a way to just make it universal across the board?

Ryan
Set the Editor option for each user to Use Default. This will then use the Default Editor set in the Joomla Global Configuration.

You can also assign JCE to any user as well. This will override the Default Editor option in the Joomla Global Configuration.

Ryan Demmer

ntm91307
You nailed it....:)

Somehow the User account I was logged into had the Editor set to None instead of Default. Didn't even know that could be done, let alone know who did it. But I will find out....:)

Thanks for your help....