You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#105565 Files not/randomly showing in Google Doc Viewer

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 11 July 2022 16:52 BST

ayyoub
I'm having issues with showing PDF files in Google Doc Viewer as iFrame on my pages. I have been using this option for over a year now. This is the first time we have this problem.
When we loan the page, in most cases, it will show the PDF just fine. But in some cases, the viewer is empty or not loading.
Example of pages attached.
This is a Joomla ‎3.9.22 and JCE Pro 2.8.18 website.

Ryan
Not really much that can be done about this as the pdf is being displayed by an external service, so the issue may lie with that.

You could just try embedding the pdf directly in the iframe, rather than via Google Docs. All modern browsers now include built in pdf support.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ayyoub
Thanks Ryan.
I will try regular embed then.

stevetheweb
I have the same problem highlighted.
I have noticed that the problem persists on desktop and not on mobile.

Is there a way to tell joomla / jce not to load the google viewer when we are on desktop and to keep it only on mobile?

A script that use different viewer, browser viewer only with recent desktop browser, and Google doc viewer on mobile.

Thanks

Ryan
Is there a way to tell joomla / jce not to load the google viewer when we are on desktop and to keep it only on mobile?

A script that use different viewer, browser viewer only with recent desktop browser, and Google doc viewer on mobile.

No, not without additional javascript to detect the device type and then change the iframe url from Google Docs to just he pdf url.

It would be easier to just display the pdf directly in an iframe, without using Google Docs. Most modern browsers support this now.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.