You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#105927 Turn off "help and description tooltips converted to inline help blocks"

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by saraheagle on Wednesday, 02 December 2020 11:43 GMT

saraheagle
"All help and description tooltips in the JCE Admin have been converted to inline help blocks."

I absolutely loath this, I now find it very hard to find what I need in the profile settings.
Is there a way to turn it off?
I do understand that you want it on by default to help reduce your support time.
Maybe a button that turns it off just until you login again???
Thanks

Ryan
Is there a way to turn it off?
Only by adding some css to the admin template stylesheet, eg:

.ui-jce .control-group .description {
    display: none;
}
I do understand that you want it on by default to help reduce your support time.
Not at all. Joomla 4 includes all form field descriptions inline, so this change just anticipates that. Also, I'm pretty sure most users didn't even realise that a tooltip description was available for each field, so this does help some to understand the parameters better.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
I am adding an option in the next update to turn off inline help, reverting to the tooltip based help.

Ryan Demmer

saraheagle
I am adding an option in the next update to turn off inline help, reverting to the tooltip based help.

Oh super! Thank you so much 🙂

Ryan
This has been added to JCE Pro 2.9.2 Beta 12 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

In the JCE Control Panel, click the Options button in the top right, and set Inline Admin Help to No.

Ryan Demmer

saraheagle
Brill, thank you so much :)