You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#105934 Text with shadow

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by nhtim on Friday, 27 November 2020 09:43 GMT

nhtim
I am getting text with a shadow in the editor & white on black text in preview. I had previously posted a problem with white on black text in the editor and the posted solution was to change the settings in configuration for high contrast mode to Yes. That cured the white on black text in the editor, but I now notice the shadowed text & still white on black text in the preview mode. Solution? I have included snapshots to see the issues

Attachments

Ryan
That cured the white on black text in the editor, but I now notice the shadowed text & still white on black text in the preview mode. Solution? I have included snapshots to see the issues

The High Contrast Mode reset attempts to override some of the text styles sey by your template, so that text is readable in the editor, but it does not override text effects like text-shadow.

The Preview tab shows the editor content as it might appear in the front-end of your site, by styling the content with your tempate's stylesheets. This may not always be accurate, as the template could use multiple stylesheets that the editor is not configured to load, or different stylesheets for different parts of the site.

Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nhtim
The admin template is isis. The site template is Oculus by Rockettheme. I don't see anywhere in the website where shadow effects are used.

Ryan
Please post a link to and article on your site.

Ryan Demmer

nhtim
Here is a link to an article, but the problem is not in the article itself. The problem shows itself in the editor.... https://massmayflower.org/index.php/juniors/juniors-contest

Ryan
Can you send me a login? -> https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I have fixed this on your site by removing one of the template's unused compiled css files (whenever you make a change to the template, it creates a new compiled css file), which the editor was loading instead of the css file used by the template in the front-end.

Ryan Demmer

nhtim
Thank you!