You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Tuesday, 26 January 2021
  16 Replies
  5.8K Visits
Ryan, using JCE and a third party template please advise best method of adding an image grid to a home page. Said small mages are used to link to other site pages. Presentation/operation is fine on a desktop however it does not replicate on a mobile device. Thanks ... Rod
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
JCE does not automatically load the custom.css file, so unless this has been added as an @import rule to the editor.css file (if you are using one), then you won't see it in the Styles list.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
You can do this relatively easily with the Image Manager Extended and some custom css.

First, add the following to your template stylesheet (you can change the name of the css rule if you like). This will use flexbox to create a container for the image grid.

.gallery {
display: flex;
gap: 5px;
justify-content: center;
align-items: center;
flex-wrap: wrap;
}

Open the editor, and with the cursor in the current paragraph, select Div from the Format list, then select "gallery" from the Styles list (or whatever you named the css rule)

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106505-responsive-home-page-issue-1.gif

Next, open the Image Manager Extended, and find (or upload) your images. Select the first image by clicking on it's name, then subsequant images by clicking each checkbox. Adjust the dimensions as required, and other options, then click Insert.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106505-responsive-home-page-issue-2.gif

The images will now be centre aligned, with a small gap between, and reponsive.

more than a month ago
·
Ryan thanks much for the comprehensive response. Apologies for the tardy reply however I do have a legitimate reason. Ran into a few problems/issues upgrading xampp to 7.4 and getting operational was naturally the priority. Anyway all good now. To your detailed set of instructions.... I shall read and absorb in the next few days before implementing. Will advise result. Cheers.... Rod D
more than a month ago
·
Good evening Ryan. Back to basics. Have read your detailed instructions which appear to be straight forward however not being a writer of code I have one small question. Please note the attached css list from the template in question and confirm whether or not the template.css file is the one I should add your code to? Regards..... Rod
more than a month ago
·
I would suggest adding it to the custom.css file.

more than a month ago
·
Afternoon Ryan. Code added per the attached. Selected "Div" but the Style button doing nothing. Not had to use it before so i don't know if this is a new thing or not. Please advise. Removed the code with no difference! Joomla is latest version. Rod
more than a month ago
·
It might be easier to insert the images first, then select Div from the Format list to change the paragraph they are in into a div. Then select the Div by clicking on it in the Path, then select the "gallery" style, eg:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106505-responsive-home-page-issue-3.gif

more than a month ago
·
Thanks Ryan. Perhaps I am not explaining this situation well. Basically the "Styles" selection in the editor is not responding when selected in any of the articles on the web site let alone the one in question. Site has been active since 2014 using templates from a French developer named Joomspirit. Some time back the owner/developer quit and later sold his 'product' to a third party who now run their web site. As noted earlier....I have not had cause to use the "Styles" button before therefore did not notice that it was not working with this site/template. The same goes for either the localhost/xampp copy and the live site. Did as you directed above with no difference
to the negative result. Please advise.... regards.....
more than a month ago
·
Basically the "Styles" selection in the editor is not responding when selected in any of the articles on the web site let alone the one in question. Site has been active since 2014 using templates from a French developer named Joomspirit. Some time back the owner/developer quit and later sold his 'product' to a third party who now run their web site.

The Styles list uses css classes from your template stylesheet for the list items. If the list is not displaying anything, it is most likely because the editor is not loading the template stylesheets, and will need to be configured to do so. As there is no specific standard for what files can be called, and templates often use multiple stylesheets, this cannot always be automatically done by the editor.

Your template has an editor.css file, which is automatically loaded by the editor if it exists, but the contents of this file on your site might not include the correct (or any) css files.

Please post a link tou your site, so I can see the contents of the editor.css file.

more than a month ago
·
Ryan thanks for the prompt response. The site is http://www.countryparadiseparklands.com.au and the attached is a screen dump of the edit.css file.
Cheers
more than a month ago
·
With the editor.css file as it is now, you should be seeing sometehing in the Styles list, unless there is an error in the template.css file that is preventing it from being processed.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
Ryan thanks for the update and advice. Think this particular item has run its race. Did some more checking that should have occurred to me earlier. First off, there was no difference re the "Style" selection by changing the template to the Joomla Beez etc. example. Second ..... developing another site for myself in the same xampp aspect using another template from the same vendor and the "Style" button works as you would expect. Same goes for a separate xampp set up on another desk top so it would appear that somewhere along the line something fundamental has broken in the 6 years since the site went live. Thanks again for the solution above which I will put to good use down the track. Cheers..... Rod D
more than a month ago
·
Ryan g'day once again. Got to the bottom of the missing JCE Styles situation. Not turned on to Template css in the global config however now that it is functional the editor Styles dropdown does not include a "gallery" selection. Is this something that is missing on the Template side of things or is it something else. Thanks in advance.....cheers.... Rod
more than a month ago
·
The gallery style is a custom style I suggested could be added to the original poster's template stylesheet to create the responsive gallery, see - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/106505-responsive-home-page-issue#reply-106685

This would need to be added to your template.css file if you require it.

more than a month ago
·
Evening Ryan. Thanks for the memory jog. Added the code to the Template custom.css (see attached) but still no 'gallery' in the Styles drop down. Any thoughts?
As a side note, until this problem I had not ventured into the JCE Global area. There are 2 development sites in my xampp folder. The one in question had 'Default' selected and the other the correct Template.css. Do not know how that happened. B Regards .... Rod
more than a month ago
·
Ryan to close this JCE bit off please comment on the following. Have tried a number of times to implement your advice but have not been successful. After inserting your code into the Template custom.css it is not recognized in the Style dropdown of the editor. Is this something to do with the template or something else. If the former then I can take it up with the vendor. If you don't have any thoughts on the matter please advise so we can close the thread. Cheers
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
JCE does not automatically load the custom.css file, so unless this has been added as an @import rule to the editor.css file (if you are using one), then you won't see it in the Styles list.

blitz2 selected the reply #107964 as the answer for this post — 2 years ago
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!