You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106603 Different editor profiles for usergroups

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 01 February 2021 10:03 GMT

nikolayvm
Hello!

I don't understand how the assignment of an editor profile for standard user groups like:
Registered
Author
Editor
Publisher
Manager
Administrator, etc.

I`ve made 3 profiles:
1. For superadmins - it works correctly.
2. For author and registered person - simplified
3. For the Publisher and the manager - more advanced.

In the global configuration of joomla, the default editor is JCE (latest version, joomla 3/9 latest version)

I am having a problem with the 2nd and 3rd groups of settings, now it turns out that the profiles are overwritten. The manager sees a simplified editor (for registered) instead of an extended one for his group.

How to make the editor profiles different for registered/authors and publishers/managers?

Ryan
Order the profiles so that the Publisher and Manager group is above the Author and Registered group. In Joomla ACL, all non-guest groups are also Registered groups.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nikolayvm
Order the profiles so that the Publisher and Manager group is above the Author and Registered group. In Joomla ACL, all non-guest groups are also Registered groups.

Ryan, thanks a lot for the quick response, it helped!

It is not obvious that the order of profiles is more important than the profile settings for which groups it is assigned

Ryan
In this case there is an overlap - Author, Editor etc. are also Registed users in the Joomla ACL system, which is why ordering is important.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.