You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106614 Is there a way to force JCE media manager in repeatable custom fields?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 25 May 2021 10:42 BST

Rixters
Hi,

Whenever I create a custom field with type of "repeatable" ad implement the media-field in this repeatable, the default Joomla media manager gets forced when the field is edited in the article. Is there a way to use JCE Media manager as it has way more options 😉 . The same question applies to repeatable fields in modules. If there is a repeatable also de Joomla media manager is forced. It would be great if we could use the JCE Media Manager over there too.

I hope you can help!

Attachments

Ryan
The is unfortunately no official API for replacing the Joomla Media Manager in various areas where it is used, so it sort of has to be forced by manipulating fields (like the input field in the Images & Links tab) when they are created.

Unfortunately the way that repeatable fields are created, makes this type of override impossible.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Rixters
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking to time to answer my question. The reason I asked is because Quantum Manager (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/core-enhancements/file-management/quantum-manager/) has an implementation on all the media manager fields. So I figured if they have an integration then it could also be possible for JCE to implement. It would be a strong plus if this was possible.

Regards

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.3 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Rixters
WOW! Works like a charm! Thanks you so much for implementing!

Rixters
Hi Ryan,

We are in the process of testing J4. I noticed that in the subform fields the field of type op media don't work anymore. It presents me with the default media J4 media manager. I hope you can fix this ;)

FYI, there is a new media field introduced in Joomla 4 with type accessiblemedia. Maybe it's an idea to only replace the media field type and keep the accessiblemedia type intact.

Thanks!

Ryan
The Media Field overrides don't work in Joomla 4 yet, and this is going to take some work, as the methods used in Joomla 4 are completely different to Joomla 3.

Ryan Demmer