You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106816 Widgetkit3 Lightbox?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 26 January 2023 10:08 GMT

ctx2011
Hi Ryan,
Yootheme came out with Widgetkit3. It uses UIkit 3. I have many sites set with Widgetkit2 Lightbox as the popup provider. Did you have a chance to test if the WK2 Lightbox works with WK3? I would not expect so. And if I am right and it stops working, are you planning to come out with a Widgetkit3 Lightbox in the near future?
Thanks
Krisztina

Ryan
The Widgetkit2 Lightbox was compatible with a version of UIKit 3, but they appear to have changed the way their lightbox is initialized, as it now requires the link to be wrapped in a seperate container element, which can't be done with Widgetkit2 Lightbox.

I'm not sure I will pursue this further, as the new required method deviates from all the other lightbox scripts (MediaBox, RokBox), but If I can free up some time to dig into this I will.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

kbauer
Hi Ryan, we have just switched a website to Widgetkit 3 with hundreds of Widgetkit2 lightbox pop-ups which now no longer work.
Is there any way to fix this if it is no longer supported by your mediabox?

Manually, this is impossible to change.

Greetings and thank you very much

Klara

Ryan
Hi Ryan, we have just switched a website to Widgetkit 3 with hundreds of Widgetkit2 lightbox pop-ups which now no longer work.
Is there any way to fix this if it is no longer supported by your mediabox?

WidgetKit is not part of MediaBox. The WidgetKit 2 plugin for JCE was used to create the appropriate link for a WidgetKit 2 popup, based on the published examples of the UIKit 2 Lightbox (used by WidgetKit 2) - https://getuikit.com/v2/docs/lightbox.html

If you have now switched to WidgetKit 3, you will need to speak to Yootheme about how those existing links can be used or converted.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.