You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107377 Problem with links in articles, they disappear when the article is saved.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by simb on Saturday, 10 April 2021 16:05 BST

simb
Hi,
It seems that when I add a link to an article by selecting text and create a link for it, the link feature of the text disappears when I save the article. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Ryan
Does this only happen with links, or other formatting, eg: bold, italic, heading 1 etc.?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

simb
This only happens with links, other formatting like bold is working.

Ryan
Does the link dissappear when you click the Code tab, or only when saving?

Ryan Demmer

simb
Only when saving.

Ryan
In that case, the issue is most likely with Joomla Text Filter. What do you have selected for the Filter Type for your user group (assuming Super Users) in the Text Filters tab in the Joomla Global Configuration?

Ryan Demmer

simb
The selected value is the Default blacklist for all groups but also there was the letter A in filter tags and filter attributes for groups Public and Guests, if I take that out the links work, do you know what the A might stand for?

Ryan
A would probably represent the anchor element <a>, so in this case you were filtering out links.

Ryan Demmer

simb
Thank you very much for your help 😃