You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107409 Last version of JCE — T4 Compiled CSS use automatically to style editor... Can I use in Astroid framework (only one main compiled css file?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Chacapamac on Thursday, 06 May 2021 13:37 BST

Chacapamac
The compiled css file generated by the T4 template framework is now used to style editor content when using a JoomlArt template.

I’m upgrading now and look at that possibility...

I’m using Joomdev Astroid, the have only one main compiled css and so far I do my editor.css file manually.

It will be great to be able to use this on other framework than T4 — Possibility to override your component to work with Astroid?

Ryan
Support for "Astroid" has been added in JCE Pro 2.9.6 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Chacapamac
Great Ryan, is this integrated or you need to switch it on.

I already have a custom editor_content.css file

How does it work?

Ryan
If you have an editor.css file in the template's css folder, then this will be used, otherwise the compiled css files will be loaded instead.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Some files were not correctly installed in beta 4. Please try JCE Pro 2.9.6 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Cool, I didn’t have time to try yet. 😃

It will work only with that name “editor.css” or whatever file name is set in JCE config?

Ryan
If you have an editor.css file, then this is used automatically if the Editor Styles option is set to Template CSS Files, otherwise, the template's stylesheets are used.

If you have set Custom CSS Files, then these are used.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Thanks — Good Day!

Chacapamac
I try with both editor.css and my set editor_content.css

Be sure to clear ALL caches (Browser, Joomla) and also clear the compiled Astroid CSS to recreate them by reloading the frontal website.

Astroid compiled css are recreated, but both editor css files stay empty (I empty them before to try)

I’m probably missing something ?

Ryan
Astroid compiled css are recreated, but both editor css files stay empty (I empty them before to try)

Astroid does not create an editor.css file, you need to do this yourself if you want a custom editor.css file.

The editor should load the correct css files for the template anyway.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Astroid does not create an editor.css file, you need to do this yourself if you want a custom editor.css file.

Yes, Ryan, my JCE settings are for editor_content.css that I’m used to create myself in all my websites.
In templates > mytemplate > css folder

For now, I simply put the content of the main css file Astroid Compiled SCSS, plus my awesome call to have a close WYSIWYG view in the editor.

— Here, I have my set editor_content.css and I create an editor.css just to be sure. empty them (I just leave my awesome link, just to see if overwritten )

— I clear ALL CACHES and Astroid Caches and verify that the compiled css (in the css folder) are correctly erase and reload the site to recreate them

Both editor_content.css and editor.css stay unchanged, nothing is transfer to them?

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
In your instance, I assume you want to load the template's compiled css and your editor_content.css file.

Therefore you need to set the Editor Styles option to Template CSS Files, so the editor can load the correct compiled css files for the Astroid framework, and then specify your custom editor_content.css as an additional file to load, in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Typography.

I have done this for you on your site.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Work perfectly, my bad, now I understand how it work — Great , Almost a WYSIWYG
— Just need drag and drop...