You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107621 Showing PDF in new tab or as popup

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 29 April 2021 12:22 BST

Pklinke
I want to open pdfs

- in new tab or
- popup

Choosing new tab the tab in opened but for seeing the content I have to press F5 actualize

Choosing popup the popup is opened but the page is shown with 31% instead of full size.

New tab would be the first choice but with direct showing the pdf content without F5.

Any idea?

Peter

Ryan
Choosing new tab the tab in opened but for seeing the content I have to press F5 actualize

Choosing popup the popup is opened but the page is shown with 31% instead of full size.

Please post a link to an example for both instances.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Pklinke
On page https://notenfighter.de/ausbildung/stellenboerse you will find both:

Ausbildung zum Anlagenmechaniker für Sanitär, Heizung und Klima HKL (m/w/d) open a new tab, mostly empty

Ausbildung zum Elektroniker (m/w/d) opens a popup

Ryan

I'm not seeing this issue in Firefox or Chrome.

This only occurs for me in Chrome, but it appears to happen for no reason at all. Adding something to the end of the iframe url seems to help, for example, add ?fit=1 to the end of the url when you create the popup.

Ryan Demmer

Pklinke
well, ?fit=1 solves the popup way.

But using target new tab requires one or more time pressing F5 in chrome and edge before the file is visible. Internet explorer askes if I want download but than shows as wanted.

Ryan
But using target new tab requires one or more time pressing F5 in chrome and edge before the file is visible. Internet explorer askes if I want download but than shows as wanted.

I am not able to replicate this. Internet Explorer cannot natively display PDF files, it needs the Acrobat Reader browser extension to be installed.

Ryan Demmer