You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107864 JCE MediaBox Popups have stopped working

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by prh47bridge on Sunday, 30 May 2021 18:02 BST

prh47bridge
I am using version 2.9.7. My site uses MediaBox popups for some images so that the user can click on a thumbnail to see the full size image. Existing popups work correctly. However, in the current version of JCE, if I modify a popup or create a new one, clicking on the thumbnail displays a white box as expected but then, instead of expanding and displaying the image, it collapses to a small vertical oblong containing the caption (although most of that is invisible as the box is too small for the text) but no image. Having compared working popups with non-working popups, I have found that JCE is now adding the parameter

data-mediabox-type="image/jpeg"
to these popups. Removing that parameter results in the popup functioning correctly.

Ryan
Which version of JCE MediaBox are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

prh47bridge
Ah - that is the problem. I was on 1.2.9. Updating to 2.1.1 fixes the problem.

I rely on Joomla to keep all my extensions up to date. That works for JCE but I've never been offered a new version of MediaBox. Are MediaBox updates available via Joomla's update system or do I have to watch your website for new releases and update manually?

Ryan
Are MediaBox updates available via Joomla's update system or do I have to watch your website for new releases and update manually?

There was no update from 1.2.9 to 2.1.x but this has been fixed now. You should receive update notifications in future for the 2.1.x series.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

prh47bridge
Thanks for fixing this. Much appreciated.