You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107885 Creating a link to contact does not work? plus strange action of article links

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by sarahhayes on Tuesday, 25 May 2021 14:50 BST

ramblerswebs
If I highlight some text in an article and use the link icon (chain link) then links to Contacts take me to the wrong contact.
If I use the Contacts button at the bottom of the editor then it goes to the correct contact.

We have also found that when doing the same but linking to an article the link created has the id of the home page added. This results in the link displaying the article with all the home page modules.
If I create the link using the article button at the bottom then no cat id is added and you just get the article displayed without additional modules.
Is that correct/normal.

Creating a link to a contact using the link/chain icon used to work but goes to the wrong contact when using version 2.9.7

Ryan
We have also found that when doing the same but linking to an article the link created has the id of the home page added. This results in the link displaying the article with all the home page modules.

This is the correct behaviour, and has always been this way. JCE processed the link through the relevant Joomla router, to obtain the ItemId, which associates the link with a menu item. This ensures that the correct modules etc. are loaded on the page when the link is clicked.

If I create the link using the article button at the bottom then no cat id is added and you just get the article displayed without additional modules.
Is that correct/normal.

I don't believe this is correct.

Creating a link to a contact using the link/chain icon used to work but goes to the wrong contact when using version 2.9.7

Please try JCE Pro 2.9.8 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sarahhayes
I am having the same problem with creating links to contacts. I actually noticed this a few weeks ago, but I was in a rush and forgot about it and it didn't come up again until now, so I think it's been a problem for a few versions.

The link generated by the editor link icon is

/component/contact/contact/167-?Itemid=490
It should be
/component/contact/contact/203-pickleball?catid=167:subject-advisers&Itemid=490

Using the button at the bottom of the editor, generates the URL
/component/contact/contact/167-subject-advisers/203?Itemid=490

Joomla 3.9.26
JCE Pro 2.9.7
URL Routing: Legacy

I haven't had a problem with linking to articles with home page modules displaying elsewhere, but then I use Advanced Module Manager which stops home page modules displaying on other pages.

Tried 2.9.8 Beta on a non-production site and it fixes the problem.
Thank you