You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Wednesday, 16 June 2021
  4 Replies
  4.2K Visits
I set up a usergroup and gave them permissions to edit articles in a certain category from the front end. It worked great for a while but, now, they can edit the words but all formatting (heading styles, etc) and paragraph breaks are removed when they save changes. only changes to the words are saved.

When I log into the front end as a super user I can edit from the front end and my changes are all saved. Where is this setting so that ALL my usergroup's changes are saved as well, and the formatting is not removed.
more than a month ago
·
I went to Joomla Global Configuration and set the Text Filter for my user group to "No filtering" and now all changes are being saved. Is this the correct solution?

Thanks.
more than a month ago
·
I went to Joomla Global Configuration and set the Text Filter for my user group to "No filtering" and now all changes are being saved. Is this the correct solution?

To be safe, set the Text Filter to Default Blacklist. This will allow most HTML tags, but remove stuff like iframe.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
I changed it FROM the Default Blacklist to No Filtering because edits weren't being saved. Based on your reply I just changed it back to the Default Blacklist, and it still seems to be working - all paragraph and heading styles are saved.

It is so frustrating how you can spend hours on something and somehow it just magically resolves itself. Everything is now set up exactly like it was before but the problem I was having is apparently resolved. For now.

Thanks for your help.
more than a month ago
·
I changed it FROM the Default Blacklist to No Filtering because edits weren't being saved. Based on your reply I just changed it back to the Default Blacklist, and it still seems to be working - all paragraph and heading styles are saved.

It is so frustrating how you can spend hours on something and somehow it just magically resolves itself. Everything is now set up exactly like it was before but the problem I was having is apparently resolved. For now.

The "Registered" User Group, and therefore any new user group created as a child of this group that does not have it's own Text Filters defined, has a default Text Filter of No HTML.

Perhaps this explains your issue?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!