You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Saturday, 19 June 2021
  4 Replies
  4.5K Visits
In the past, an article link (via Insert Link Dialog > Content) did not receive an itemid (unlike the menu link via Insert Link Dialog > Menu). Presumably Joomla provided the correct menu link in the front end, based on the menu ordering I thought.

Since the last version (or at least since 2.9.8) such an itemid is unfortunately added in the url, and often even with a wrong itemid (homepage, while it concerns a sub-sub-category article to which a separate menu item refers).

To me this is unwanted behavior, maybe a bug. How's that for JCE?

By the way, my customers use those content links to create an anchor link (making use of the File Browser), which unfortunately does not work with a menu link.

Thanks and regards,
Joris
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
In the past, an article link (via Insert Link Dialog > Content) did not receive an itemid (unlike the menu link via Insert Link Dialog > Menu). Presumably Joomla provided the correct menu link in the front end, based on the menu ordering I thought.

The Link Dialog has always provided an itemid for links created using the Content list, and this is because JCE uses the Joomla API to create the link, which when given the category id and article id, returns the full link with the Itemid (the menu associated with the link, or the Home menu id if the link is not assigned to a menu).

more than a month ago
·
Actually, I stand corrected, JCE has not always included the itemid in the link, becuase the Joomla API methods used ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute, did not.

In a recent update, a different API method was used to create the link, to maintain compatability with changes in Joomla 4, and it appears that this is now adding the itemid to links created via that API method.

I will look into this and post a fix soon.

more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer

more than a month ago
·
This is solved. Thank you Ryan.
Joris selected the reply #108104 as the answer for this post — 2 years ago
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!