You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108105 Text links assigned popup

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by TAGLLC on Monday, 21 June 2021 20:17 BST

TAGLLC
When I have several images on a page that I want to popup, I use media box and assign the larger image. This works perfectly, as long as I remember to also add that page to the settings for media box to enable the popup on that page.

However, when I want to link text from the "same" page as the images that are using the popup, the text links are automatically assigned the popup class and media box tags. So, when you click on the text link you get the page in a popup. That is NOT the desired effect!

How can I disable popups on text links when the same page uses media box popups as desired?

If it were only a few text links I can simply delete the class tag and media box tags, and that allows the text link to function normally. But, there are a huge number of text links in this clients' site and I can't keep going to each and every link (sometimes 30 in 1 page) to remove the tags.

Isn't there a setting (which I have not been able to find) that will address text links? Even after I've removed them, if something on the page changes, the code is returned to the text links and I have to return to the page to remove the code from those links.

Today, the Contact link in the footer has changed to include the code because I made changes to the contact page - but NOT the link in the footer! So it was not something I added new or did something to that link to make the media box code and class tag reappear.

This is critical. The site owner expects to have the site opening announced today and I've been chasing my tail trying to get an answer to this for 3 weeks or more.

Please advise.

Ryan
To clarify, if you create a new link on the page, is that link automatically made as a popup link?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

TAGLLC
Yes.
And in the case of the "Contact" page, on every page where there are images assigned the popup, the footer link to the contact page (a text link) is also assigned the popup - but the footer text link is not assigned the popup on "all" pages - only the pages that have images using the popup.

Ryan
In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link, scroll down to the Popups section, and make sure the Default option is set to Not Set, otherwise each link you create is being created as a popup link by default.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/108105-text-links-assigned-popup.jpg

This won't fix existing links that have already been created as popups, but will prevent new links from automatically being created as popups.

And in the case of the "Contact" page, on every page where there are images assigned the popup, the footer link to the contact page (a text link) is also assigned the popup - but the footer text link is not assigned the popup on "all" pages - only the pages that have images using the popup.

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

TAGLLC
Got it. I've reset that to Not Set and I'll see if that handles the issue.

It doesn't take the code "away" from already set text links. I can see in the footer on pages that require the popup that the code is still in the text link.

I'm guessing I'll have to go into every page and remove the class tag and media box tag from where I don't want the popup.

Ryan
It doesn't take the code "away" from already set text links. I can see in the footer on pages that require the popup that the code is still in the text link.

I'm guessing I'll have to go into every page and remove the class tag and media box tag from where I don't want the popup.

Yes, as I said in my previous post this only affects new links. You can try using RegularLabs DB Replacer for this - https://regularlabs.com/dbreplacer - to search for and remove class="jcepopup" from certain content items.

Ryan Demmer

TAGLLC
Ok. Thank you.