You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108147 Image files not recognised

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 25 June 2021 11:29 BST

printcom
Hi,
I installed the latest update (2.9.9) yesterday. I am no longer able to display any newly added images or to edit any existing ones (jpg). Is it just me or is this a bug that you are working on.
Cheers
Mark

Ryan
I am no longer able to display any newly added images or to edit any existing ones (jpg)

Are you referring to display in the editor, or in an article in the front-end of your site?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

printcom
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the quick reply. Articles already saved are displaying normally in the front end. The problem is adding new images or editing existing ones.
I have attached a few screen grabs.
Cheers
Mark

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
It would seem that browser Adblocking extensions I have installed in Firefox - Advlock Plus and UOrigin - are both blocking images in the Adverts folder on your site, but no other! Perhaps the same thing is happening to you?

Ryan Demmer

printcom
Hi Ryan,
Top marks for finding that one so quick! I've turned off the ad blocker in Chrome to no effect. I have created a new folder called "Classified" which appears to be a quick workaround. The good news is that I shouldn't need to edit anything in the adverts folder.
Is this glitch down to your update or do I need to look at my hosting provider - it is not unknown for them to "improve" things without them telling you.
Many thanks for your help
Cheers
Mark

Ryan
Is this glitch down to your update or do I need to look at my hosting provider - it is not unknown for them to "improve" things without them telling you.

Nothing to do with the update, and it definately does look like a browser thing, as I have just been able to re-create the issue on the demo site, with an "Adverts" folder. Renaming the folder to "Averts" fixes the problem. Weird.

Ryan Demmer