You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#108167 Upgraded to latest version / source code view won't stay enabled

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 28 June 2021 10:53 BST

1option
Because of an ongoing problem I've had with JCE in WYSIWIG view, where it replaces occurrences of "&" and changes them to "&", the only workaround I have had for years is to open an article, view it in the source code view, close the article, and then re-open the article (so that the article opens in source code view and does not strip out the symbols).

However, with the install of the newest version of JCE, any time I open an article now it will only open in WYSIWIG view no matter what (the open, close, open tactic I used previously no longer works) and my links that contain the & symbol are always stripped out now. So now I have no way of making updates to articles that contain these & symbols without replacing every link manually.

Is there a way to revert back to how JCE was in previous versions, where it would save the source code open view should I open and switch to that view?

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.10 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.