You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108171 define start path for image manager, but make it possible for a user to change to other paths (above)

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by gotyou on Thursday, 01 July 2021 09:56 BST

gotyou
Hello there!
It's been said probably a lot of times, however it needs to be repeated: Thanks for JCE! Very cool editor with a lot of features!

Here's my idea to make it even better.
I know how to force a user to a specific folder path for saving images, files, documents, etc. Cool feature.
Though for some users I would like to provide the opportunity to not only create new folders below that specified path, but to actually go steps back "up" to choose another place to save their files. So the designated path from the config of the profile should be more a recommendation than be forced.
A simple checkbox in the config to force (or not to force) the provided path would do it.

Result checked: The user can only create folders below the specified path
Result unchecked: The user opens the image manager / file manager, starts with the give path, but _can_ navigate to folders above the given path.

Thanks for your time!
Chris

Ryan
Thank you for your suggestion, but after thinking about this proposal I can't see a way that I can implement it effectively in the current filesystem.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

gotyou
Oh, that is unfortunate. I was looking forward to have this feature because it would solve a lot of challenges I have. 🙁
Thanks anyway!