You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108432 Content Article links

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 03 August 2021 13:57 BST

tcws
Hi Ryan
We're using JCE Editor Pro for a client website and they will be adding links within articles to other articles on the website. Using the link feature you can choose > Content > Select the category > Select the article. But using this method we keep getting 'page not found' when using the link.
Testing further, if we use the search feature to find the article we want to link too, it works fine.
We've realised that by selecting the article via the first option, it's adding additional coding to the url, here is an example.

Selecting the link via search
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=321:making-fertilizer-plants-safe-3&catid=12

Selection the link via Content > Select the category > Select the article
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=321:making-fertilizer-plants-safe-3&catid=12:features&Itemid=200

:features&Itemid=200 – is being added to the link url

Is this a bug or do I need to change anything within the configuration?

Also, we're using Search Engine Friendly URLs, can this be applied to the links feature?

Many thanks
TCWS

Ryan
:features&Itemid=200 – is being added to the link url

Is this a bug or do I need to change anything within the configuration?

This is the correct way to create the link. It includes the category alias, which can be used by the router for SEF links, and the ItemId, which is used to associate the link and article with the menu item it is assigned to, so the whole page is displayed correctly (template features and modules can be assigned to specific menu items)

Also, we're using Search Engine Friendly URLs, can this be applied to the links feature?

The Joomla SEF Router will process the link and create the appropriate SEF link when the page content is displayed.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

tcws
Hi Ryan, thanks for the quick response. The issue we have is when selecting an article using the Content > Category > Article, it's including this in the url, but when clicking on the link in the article we keep getting 'page no found'. Remove it and it works fine!

Many thanks
TCWS

Ryan
If you just remove the alias part, eg: :features, does the link work?

Ryan Demmer

tcws
Hi Ryan, got it working. I tested using a different article category and the links worked fine. Went back to the original category and still it didn't work. But this category had sub categories, I've removed the sub categories and the link works fine.
I can work around not having the sub categories or child categories for this project.
The article was linked to the main category, there were no articles associated with the sub categories.

Many thanks
TCWS

Ryan
You can remove the alias from the link by setting the Add Article Alias option to No in In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/108432-content-article-links.jpg

Ryan Demmer