You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108552 JCE v3.3.0

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 19 August 2021 14:31 BST

trogladyte
The upgrade checker in Joomla (to test compatibility to upgrade from Joomla 3.10 to 4) is asking for JCE to be updated prior to the Joomla upgrade. I have JCE 2.9.11 installed but it's claiming I need to upgrade to JCE v3.3.0. I can't even find it! Is there a new version that's coming? Do I really need it to upgrade to Joomla 4?

Ryan
The Joomla 4 pre-update check is based on whether the extension's (JCE Pro) update server is reporting compatability with Joomla 4. This data has recently been updated, but may take some time to reflect this change, due to server and proxy caching.

JCE Pro 2.9.11 is compatible with Joomla 4, and has been tested in the upgrade from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

trogladyte
Thanks Ryan. I just wanted to check as the devs who did the pre-check obviously got that version number from somewhere and I couldn't see it.

Ryan
I've not seen the 3.3.0 version number displayed anywhere in my tests.

Ryan Demmer

trogladyte
After the precheck runs, scroll down to the "Update required" panel. You should see JCE, then click the "More Detail" on the right hand end.

Attachments

Ryan
Ok I'll investigate. I don't know where that number is being extracted from.

Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Update, and click the Clear Cache button, then run the update check again.

Ryan Demmer