You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108632 error 500 on the popup when creating/editing a link

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 26 August 2021 15:08 BST

woluweb
Hi,

One of my end-users has reported the following issue : when clicking on add/edit Link in the editor, the popup opens... but is remains blank.

I have checked in the Console and actually there is an 500 error on that popup page :

/administrator/index.php?option=com_jce&task=plugin.display&plugin=link&0c1077a6b5922f88c62496c63896e42a=1&context=22&profile_id=1

How comes ?
(I have checked on my own website, there it works normally. But I could not check more bc I am curently travelling)

Txs !

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.12 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

woluweb
Txs Ryan,

In installed the beta, cleared the cache, forced refresh. But I still get an 500 error msg on the popup "add/edit link" (I see the spin but then the popup remains blank) :
/administrator/index.php?option=com_jce&task=plugin.display&plugin=link&423050f57ffcdcab1bc13ea074545132=1&context=22&profile_id=1

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

woluweb
txs Ryan.
Just submitted :)
(and I also checked when disabling the root .htaccess. That does not solve the problem)

Ryan
The error was caused by an incompleted installation for Weblinks component on your site. It appears to be registered in the database, but the files are missing, so the Link dialog was loading the Weblinks search plugin, which was then causing the error.

I have removed the Weblinks search plugin option in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link on your site.

Ryan Demmer