You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108708 Edocman button not shown in JCE Editor in Front End

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 20:06 BST

functioneelbeheer
Hi there,
The Edocman button is found in the JCE Editor bar under the ‘Joomla Editor Buttons’-button. Till today it was shown both in the back end and in the front end. Today we found out that it is no longer visible in the front end. Please have a look at the images I have uploaded. Can you explain why this happens and how I can resolve the issue? Yesterday I updated both JCE and Edocman, so I cannot tell if either update has caused this.

Thank you,

Thom

Attachments

Ryan
There have been no changes recently to how JCE loads those buttons into the menu, but if EDocman has changed the way they display the button (perhaps not using the editor-xtd plugins route anymore), then it won't be able to be loaded into the menu.

You can check this by removing the "joomla" button from the editor toolbar, so that the buttons are loaded below the editor. If the EDocman button is missing, then you have your answer.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

functioneelbeheer
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your quick response! I tried what you suggested: I removed the Joomla button from the toolbar and the Edocman is now visible under the article in the back end, but still not visible in the front end.
I guess what you are saying is: it has nothing to do with JCE, I should moan at JoomDonation (Edocman), or try to work this out myself in the plugin...

Thanks,

Thom

Ryan
Thanks for your quick response! I tried what you suggested: I removed the Joomla button from the toolbar and the Edocman is now visible under the article in the back end, but still not visible in the front end.

This suggests to me that the button is disabled in the front-end for some reason, perhaps an EDocman setting?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.