You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108820 Image Field can not select pdf

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mainsys on Monday, 13 September 2021 15:11 BST

mainsys
Hello,

I have set up the allowed extensions on file browser to accept pdf and docx document.

I have also set up a custome field of type media. When I use this field, the file browser opens but it does not shows pdf or docx files.

Ryan
Image Field can not select pdf

pdf and docx files are not images, so you should not expect am "image" field to be able to select them, or process them.

I have also set up a custome field of type media. When I use this field, the file browser opens but it does not shows pdf or docx files.

The Joomla Media field defaults to inserting images, and this can't be changed. If you use a JCE FileBrowser (Media) field (type mediajce), then you can set the Media Type option to Files when creating the field to allow all file types.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

linpi
I have a similar problem with PDFs but still quite different. In an own component, I'm using the input field media and want to see & upload pdfs. Over a system plugin, that makes an override of ...com_media/views/imageslist/view.html.php, also pdf/documents are seen and can be uploaded (a nice colleague made the plugin inspired from https://www.richardbutterworth.co.uk/blog/19-the-joomla-media-form-field)
This works fine when the editor in the Joomla! global configuration is set to TinyMCE or None but not with JCE. The JCE still behave like a normal images manager limited to images extensions.
I saw in the plugin "Fields - Media JCE" I can set to files instead of images, but it doesn't make any difference.
In the JCE profiles, I allowed pdf in the image manager, the image manager pro an the jce file browser, and the works, without problems. But the profiles don't seam to work, when called in a input, type media.
Do you have a idea why it is so ? Or what can I do ?

Ryan
I have tried with mediajce field type, but it is still the same.

Are you referring to the Fields tab when creating or editing an article?

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
[quotePost id="108834"]I have a similar problem with PDFs but still quite different. In an own component, I'm using the input field media and want to see & upload pdfs. Over a system plugin, that makes an override of ...com_media/views/imageslist/view.html.php, also pdf/documents are seen and can be uploaded (a nice colleague made the plugin inspired from https://www.richardbutterworth.co.uk/blog/19-the-joomla-media-form-field)
This works fine when the editor in the Joomla! global configuration is set to TinyMCE or None but not with JCE. The JCE still behave like a normal images manager limited to images extensions.
I saw in the plugin "Fields - Media JCE" I can set to files instead of images, but it doesn't make any difference.
In the JCE profiles, I allowed pdf in the image manager, the image manager pro an the jce file browser, and the works, without problems. But the profiles don't seam to work, when called in a input, type media.
[/quotePost]

@linpi# - See my replies here - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/108490#p108498

Ryan Demmer

mainsys
[quotePost id="108834"]I have a similar problem with PDFs but still quite different. In an own component, I'm using the input field media and want to see & upload pdfs. Over a system plugin, that makes an override of ...com_media/views/imageslist/view.html.php, also pdf/documents are seen and can be uploaded (a nice colleague made the plugin inspired from https://www.richardbutterworth.co.uk/blog/19-the-joomla-media-form-field)
[/quotePost]

Actually on the plugin (mediajce) itself has parameters. One paramater is to show only images so files.
I am saying this because on your answer is not obvious. I did not realize it either.