You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109333 Inserting Power Point pages

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by plawson on Tuesday, 09 November 2021 17:03 GMT

plawson
Hello,

I would like to be able to insert Power Point pages into an article. With TinyMCE I can simply copy the page from ppt and then ctrl-v paste into an article. It goes into the article as a png. I do nothing special for this to work.
I imagine I have a setting wrong somewhere in JCE Editor (we have PRO), but I cannot find it.
I already have ppt as an accepted file type in Plugin Parameters->File Browser.
When I try to paste a ppt into an article, I only get the file image manager for uploading the file. Since it is a page from a ppt, I don't really have a saved image to upload.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan
Tinymce doesn't actually paste it in as a png file, but as encode image data. The idea is that this data would then be uplaoded as a suitable file for display, not displayed directly in the article. Tinymce does not include this functionality by default, and displaying encoded image data in an article in this way is a bad idea.

When I try to paste a ppt into an article, I only get the file image manager for uploading the file. Since it is a page from a ppt, I don't really have a saved image to upload.

JCE uses this as a placeholder upload prompt so that a suitable image can be selcted, uploaded and inserted when complete.

I would recommend you export the powepoint slide as an image first, then drag & drop it into the editor, or upload and insert using the Image Manager.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

plawson
Thank you, Ryan. This technique works.

Pat